Friday, January 9, 2009

Today I received a bill for my hospital visit back in the Fall. For the two-hour visit during which I only saw a doctor for fifteen minutes and which left me in more pain than before. There wasn't even the usual procedure of shining that light in my ears or putting a Q-Tip down my throat, no tests or anything, nothing that would have cost anything- just a sadistic man telling me to move when I couldn't do so without screaming and/or crying. Apparently, I owe $107 for this waste of time that shaved at least a day or two off my life expectancy. And that amount is after what my insurance paid and such. Before all that, the bill in its entirety comes out to $1095. I'm not exaggerating, nothing was done for me except more harm, the doctor barely even touched me I was just instructed to move and handed a flyer on my condition and given a prescription. If it cost all that money for nothing, imagine what it costs for someone going in with the flu or after having just suffered a stroke. If you're still one of those holding out against universal health care, you're a ridiculous and sheltered person at present. I'm never stepping foot in a doctor's office or hospital again until something is done about the healthcare system. I don't care if it does lead to paralysis again, I don't even care if I'm dying. 'Ridiculous' is the only adjective I can even think of to describe all of this. I mean, I have something else to say about it, but I left that business in my other blog.

No comments: