Monday, October 6, 2008

Go register to vote. Because it doesn't matter whether or not you care about who wins, it doesn't matter if you hate politics, or just don't know or want to know anything about them. There are people that are affected by your vote, and it's selfish to withhold it. Your vote is what decides the direction of education, environmental, energy, and health care policies. And just because you went to a good high school, and just because you can afford to see a doctor doesn't mean everyone else can and maybe you should think about them before you decide you don't feel like voting. There are 44 million eligible "young voters" and only half actually participated in the last election. Don't say your vote doesn't matter because you're only coming up with an excuse not to care about your neighbor. Don't say you don't care who wins, look at the policies not the person if you really don't give a damn. Think about something larger than yourself because you're a part of something larger than yourself. Don't be so apathetic.

2 comments:

Jordan_Ryan_Stewart said...

Hey! That's cool that you have one of these. I've had one for a long time but I haven't written much in it since last Spring (and I thought no one was reading it even though people told me I did). I need to write more stuff.

- Jordan

SheSaidFollowMe said...

I have three blogs and I'm not entirely sure why but there's always someone that's like "Oh well you should get one of these!" and I'm like "okay!" so here I am :)
But yeah, I spent an evening being creepy and looking for my friends and I had seen that you had one so...yes. You should write more!